2016-10-14. A new version of VCell (6.1) was released to beta site. The new version replaces VCell 6.0 in beta, and enhances the new Rule-Based Modeling capabilities available in VCell. Advantages of Rule-Based Modeling in VCell are
- Specify rule-based models in a GUI, no scripting language required
- Rule-based models can span multiple compartments
- Reactions and rules can be mixed in one model
- Full support for rules in all VCell Application types (spatial, nonspatial, deterministic, stochastic).
- A set of rules can be simulated with Network-Free Simulator NFSim
- “Molecular Anchors” in rule-based models that keeps membrane-bound receptors attached to the membranes.
Visit the Download page to try the new VCell beta.